Tuesday, November 11, 2014
2:00-3:00 pm Eastern
Click here to register
The Diverse Elders Coalition joins Community Catalyst for their latest Health Equity webinar
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) offers a unique opportunity to address racial and ethnic health disparities for individuals who are eligible for Medicare and Medicaid, sometimes referred to as “dual eligibles.” The dual eligible population is disproportionately non-white and they experience a high rate of health disparities. Through provisions of the ACA, more than a dozen states are launching demonstration projects focused on improving care for vulnerable dually eligible Americans. But very few states are using this new opportunity to address racial and ethnic health disparities, even though the demonstration design does call for a focus in this area.
This webinar will provide information and strategies on how advocates can influence these projects to tackle these disparities.
On this webinar, we will:
- Discuss the latest recommendations by Community Catalyst on how the dual eligible demonstration projects can help address racial and ethnic health disparities
- Discuss opportunities for advocates to engage communities of color in the implementation of demonstration projects in their state
- Hear from experts on the importance of linguistically and culturally competent care for dual eligibles from communities of color
- Leena Sharma, Senior State Advocacy Manager, Community Catalyst
- Patrick Aitcheson, Interim National Coordinator, Diverse Elders Coalition
- Terri Mack-Biggs, Medical Director, Hospice of Michigan
This Community Catalyst Learning Community webinar is a joint effort of the Voices for Better Health program and the Health Equity Team. It is part of an ongoing effort to help advocates from across the country share best practices, explore new ideas and learn from each other’s experiences. The Learning Community connects advocates giving them a needed forum to effectively collaborate with and learn from their peers.
Click here to register
If you have any questions, please contact
- Quynh Chi Nguyen at email@example.com 617-275-2872 or
- Leena Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org 617-275-2823.
Thank you for your interest. Community Catalyst Health Equity Team, the Voices for Better Health Team and the Diverse Elders Coalition