SCSEP Case Manager – Los Angeles, CA
National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA), a 41-year-old national non-profit that has been preserving and promoting the dignity, well-being, and quality of life of Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders (AAPI), and diverse communities is searching for an experienced Case Manager to administer the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) for the Los Angeles -area (Los Angeles County). The ideal candidate must fluency in an Asian or Pacific Islander language, have case management or social service experience, and is passionate about seeing diverse elders thrive in our communities. Recognizing the diverse cultural and linguistic needs of Los Angeles’s AAPI communities, NAPCA SCSEP staff have access to the agency’s multi-lingual Call Center to provide interpretation support to help deliver program services.
This position reports to the Los Angeles SCSEP Project Manager and is a non-exempt position with competitive benefits, including 100% employer paid health insurance coverage for the employee.
What is the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)?
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is a federally funded workforce program, from the U.S. Department of Labor, targeting older adults (55 years of age or better) seeking employment and training assistance. The goal of SCSEP is to help program participants gain work experience and overcome barriers by receiving on-the-job training at not-for-profit or government agencies. The dual purpose of the SCSEP program is to provide community service while also improving participants with job skills to enable them to find full or part-time employment. Go to https://www.napca.org/about/ to learn more.
Key Responsibilities of the Case Manager
• Provide assistance to the SCSEP program staff with the following:
• Promote the SCSEP program in AAPI and other diverse aging communities to recruit and enroll applicants in the program. Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements and application procedures to applicants and program participants.
• Interview applicants and participants to verify their eligibility for SCSEP and recertify annual eligibility in accordance with the US DOL and NAPCA guidelines and ensure that paperwork is completed in a timely manner and files are established and maintained.
• Facilitate orientations and job readiness workshops for program participants.
• Conduct needs assessments and develop individual employment plans.
• Review and reconcile payroll submissions, training records, and other administrative requirements.
• Maintain communication with program participants regarding program policies, procedures and scheduling of appointments.
• Coordinate supportive services with other organizations for the purpose of counseling, referral, and follow-up, as needed.
• Train program participants with strategies to develop job skills, workforce knowledge, and appropriate confidence and experience to pursue unsubsidized job opportunities in the local workforce.
• Maintain a program specific database that tracks participant information, training activities and action items.
• Work to ensure all SCSEP program goals and objectives are met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Prepare quarterly progress reports for timely submission.
• Ensure that the Los Angeles NAPCA office and SCSEP Department operates in a professional manner and in compliance with the SCSEP and US Department of Labor policies, procedures, and related requirements.
• Other duties as necessary and assigned.
What the Successful Candidates Will Have:
• Minimum two years’ experience in social services, workforce development, or other case management positions, preferably with employment and training programs and/or programs focused on independent older adults.
• Master of Social Work is ideal.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, TEAMS and SharePoint.
• English proficiency required with bilingual skills in an Asian or Pacific Islander language strongly preferred.
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Attention to detail and ease with paperwork and reporting.
• Organized, timely, and efficient workflow and style.
• Capacity and willingness to travel with access to reliable private transportation.
• Passion for working with AAPIs, seniors, and communities of color; commitment to diversity.
• Vaccination is required for employment.
Excellent Benefit Package that includes:
• 100 % Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision Insurance for employee only
• Paid Time Off
• 14 Paid Holidays (including week between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
• 401(k) with a match
• Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life and AD&D Insurance
If you are looking to be part of a team that is passionate about seeing our elders thrive in our communities, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NAPCA is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. NAPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.