Free online trainings are available for your organizations, colleagues, and community to learn best practices to support diverse family caregivers. The Diverse Elders Coalitions offers modules to support Caregivers from all and/or the specific following communities:
- African American Caregivers
- American Indian and Alaska Native Caregivers
- Asian American Caregivers
- Hispanic Caregivers
- LGBT Caregivers
- Southeast Asian American Caregivers
Diverse Family Caregivers Toolkit
Download the DEC’s Resources for Providers: Meeting the Needs of Diverse Family Caregivers Toolkit. This toolkit offers topline information on what providers need to know, and key pieces from our comprehensive training curriculum, Caring For Those Who Care: Meeting the Needs of Diverse Family Caregivers. Whether you’ve already attended one or more of our trainings, or this is your first time looking into what’s available to help you support diverse family caregivers, we think you’ll find these resources to be invaluable in building a more welcoming, supportive practice.
Diverse Family Caregiving Resources from our Curriculum
What Providers Should Know Factsheet Series
- What Providers Should Know About African American Family Caregivers
- What Providers Should Know About American Indian Family Caregivers
- What Providers Should Know About AAPI Family Caregivers
- What Providers Should Know About Hispanic Family Caregivers
- What Providers Should Know About LGBT Family Caregivers
- What Providers Should Know About Southeast Asian American Family Caregivers
The research and development of this training curriculum has been generously funded by The John A. Hartford Foundation.
Curriculum was co-developed with the expertise of the Diverse Elders Coalition Member Organizations:
Request a Training
The training will be available beginning in Summer 2020. If you would like more information or want to request a training at your facility, please complete the form below and we will be in touch.